The theme of the week: Anesthesia school is having your mouth wide open, turning on the firehose, and swallowing every last drop.
Of course, I haven’t experienced this quite yet — this first week consisted of the following:
- Meeting classmates, and those in the other 4 anesthesia programs in Michigan
- Feeling that being a part of AANA and MANA is vital to the profession
- Getting nervous/excited
- Sitting in business casual clothing (as opposed to scrubs)
- Getting acquainted with the program handbook, the hospital, etc
- Buying program shirts/sweatshirts (yes, this is important)
And aside from school, I
- moved into an apartment near school
- set up wifi, Roku (for Netflix and YouTube), digital antenna (for the little time we have to relax)
- shopped for a couple more business causal shirts
- and dined nearby.
I feel that I still need to establish the following:
- Wellness — having a 80% healthy diet and a health routine that’s worked into our study / class / clinical / sleep schedule. My roommate introduced to me Yoga with Adriene. She’s down to earth and moves nice and slow, which is good for a beginner like me.
Anyways, it’s probably also good to know that our class is going to help each other out. I’ll try to update this blog once a week with at least one thing I learned that week. These next 24 months are going to fly.