Thanks for visiting my blog. I’ve chronologically put together my nursing journey so far — from before starting at NYU Nursing, through, after, to finding my first nursing job, transitioning to telemetry and ICU, then getting into nurse anesthesia school.
I hope you find what you’re looking for. If not, leave a comment or email me. I’ll get back to you! 🙂
Before NYU Nursing
- NYU Nursing Accelerated 15-Month Program FAQs
- How to Pick a Good Nursing School
- Is NYU Nursing worth it? How I paid off my student loan
- Go help Jason reach his BSN dream. Thank you!
During NYU Nursing
- How to Memorize Anything
- NYU Bus Route
- How to Donate Blood at NYU
- How to use Google Scholar and get NYU Library articles
- I have only skimmed the very surface of an ocean and have yet to dapple the depths of the sea
- One more month
- What’s left of nursing school
- Almost done
- NYU Honors Scholar
After NYU Nursing
- Kaplan Nursing for the NCLEX with NYU
- Finally, I can schedule a date for the NCLEX
- I passed the NCLEX!
Job Search and Interview
- How to Get a New Grad Nursing Job in NYC
- What order do you put BSN and RN?
- Why We Should Care About A Smooth Transition From Nursing Student to Professional
- My Job Search Journey as a NYU New Grad Nurse
- List of New Graduate Nursing Residency — RNDeer
- At The New Grad Nurse Interview: Be a storyteller
- Unclog a GTube, Feel a Thrill, Hear a Bruit, and Mr. Perez
- When is the best time to do something?
- When You Make A Mistake
- Nurses are Observers
- Don’t be afraid of advancing
- My move to the hospital
- What I learned during my preceptorship as a new nurse
- SBAR: How to Give a Good Handoff Report
- How to Sleep As A Night Shift Nurse
- First Day on my own was awesome
- Write down the list of Qs you have for the MD
- First Day Shift as a night nurse
- Best Part About Working Over 4th of July
- I’m almost off probation at the hospital!
- Off probation — what does that mean?
- First Code – CPR or hospice care for terminal illness?
- I’ll never look at antibiotics the same way again
After My First Year – Transition to Critical Care
- Med-Surg to ICU Interview Questions
- Critical Care Orientation
- My First ICU patient who passed away
- Ready – poem
- Talking to intubated patients make a difference
- It’s time to be a Strong Nurse
- 5 Triggers for Palliative Care in the ICU
- If you have a serious illness, should you get palliative care?
- CARES: How to Care for the Dying
Prepare for Graduate School
- How I Studied for the GRE
- CCRN: How to Pass The First Time
- I submitted my grad school application– yes!
- I got into the University of Michigan-Flint / Hurley Medical Center Nurse Anesthesia Program!
- It’s getting real
- August 1, 2015
UM Flint Nurse Anesthesia School